problem with changing tabs

Mar 21, 2008 at 12:19 PM
I have an other problem.

When I try to change the tabs I get a weird error saying:
A runtime error has occurred. Do you wish to debug?
Line: 604
Error: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An attempt has been made to Attach or Add an entity that is now new, perhaps having been loaded from another DataContext. That is not supported.

Notice: I haven't opened the website from Visual Studio yet. I just created the virtual directory in sql server, restored the db and edited the web.config from notepad adding the connection string. Everything works fine with adding tabs and stuff, but when I try to navigate from one tab to another I get the above message. I can create a new tab but when I try to go back to the first tab I get the same error. I registered from the login page and I still get the same error.

Also, in add stuff shouldn't be there a field to manually add a url pointing to any rss link?
Mar 21, 2008 at 2:43 PM
This happens in the released version Dropthings-Deploy-1.0.0.zip.

Searching google I found your blog and your article (linq to sql http://weblogs.asp.net/omarzabir/archive/2007/12/08/linq-to-sql-how-to-attach-object-to-a-different-data-context.aspx) about this error msg but I'm a bit confused.
I mean, shouldn't this stable release run without major bugs with the simple steps of restoring the db and editing the web.config file?

thanks in advance
George