Extenders Hiding behind widgets

Mar 25, 2008 at 10:54 PM
I have created a widget that contains a data grid, and on the edit and/or insert within that data grid (using templated fields) I have put a CalendarExtender in one of my text boxes.

When the page loads and I scroll to the bottom of my gridview and place the cursor in the text box that contains the CalendarExtender, the CalendarExtender appears behind the widget that is below my GridView.

The funny thing is that if I move the widget that is covering my CalendarExtender, but not anywhere else, just activate the CDD behavior, where I take hold of the widget_header and drop it in the same place, then everything works perfectly.

The same holds true for a HoverMenuExtender.

Ideas or thoughts anyone?
Mar 31, 2008 at 5:04 PM
I have the same problem. All I have on my widget is a Textbox and a imagebutton. Then I tied in a CalendarExtender to the textbox and imagebutton.
The calendar pops up partially behind the widget that is just below it. If I touch the widget below it, then I'm fine thereafter. cjm, have you had any luck correcting this ?
Apr 2, 2008 at 12:19 PM
Note yet, and I have tried everything. Currently I have a peice of Javascript code running that looks for every tag of DIV that has a class of widget_header and attempting to simulate a click event on that element. While it does do a click and the onclick is raised (I have an alert tied to it now through WidgetHeader.Attributes.Add("onclick", "alert('The Header has been clicked.')"); It gets the click, but it does not actually fire whatever is behind that will cause all of the z-indexes to realign or do whatever it is that they do.

Anyone else have this problem? I have run accross a few of us that have it.

Thanks,

cjm.
Apr 2, 2008 at 1:32 PM
The other thing that I have tried is to fire the mousedown because in the CustomFloatingBehavior.js it appears to hook into the mouse down event. Now, I can use fireEvent("onmousedown"); but that only calls my mousedown event, not the actual process of doing a mouse down. Anybody have any ideas on that one?
May 12, 2008 at 5:55 PM

I found somewhat of a workaround. In my calendar extender, I set the PopUpPosition="TopRight", which puts the calendar on top of the related textbox.
In my situation, the calendar extender and textbox are in the settings area, so not sure if this will work for you cjm.