Bug when target control is absolutely positioned

Apr 1, 2008 at 7:42 AM
Edited Apr 1, 2008 at 7:43 AM
When target control (specified with TargetControlID property ) has "position:absolute" and top and/or left greater than 0 (zero)
all items, when drag is starting, are moved from original position (OnMouseDown).
I checked with AjaxControlToolkit test project and figured this bug also. Any idea how to get it fixed?
Oct 1, 2008 at 8:34 PM
Same problem for me. Eventually figured out either get rid of any position:absolute or relative in the offsetParent chain or before call setLocation(el,_location.x,_location.y), get the nearest ancest which has absolute or relative position and getLocation of it and then minus it, .... something like var nearestAncester = xxx ; var ancesterLocation = getLocation(nearestAncester); setLocation(el,_location.x-ancesterLocation.x,_location.y-ancesterLocation.y).   <-- obviously in the CustomFloatingBehavior.js's onmouseDownHandler function.

For me I take the first approach but a more generic fix will be appreciated.

Cheers,
Oct 16, 2008 at 12:30 AM
Hello jchonc:

You wouldn't per chance be able to post your revised mouseDownHandler and other functions ? I have found a huge bug in MSIE rendering when this is in a web user control.

-Kenneth S Courtney
http://host.aciasoftware.com