ProxyAsync & Proxy error

Jun 22, 2008 at 11:22 PM
Hi.  Great project!!!  Congrats on the work accomplished.

I'm getting an error running Default.aspx:

Microsoft JScript runtime error: "Proxy" is undefined  and
Microsoft JScript runtime error: "ProxyAsync" is undefined

I've checked everything I know and still get the error.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks!

Jun 23, 2008 at 10:28 AM
For some reason, some of the classes in App_Code have had namespaces applied (A Good Thing), but where they are used in the rest of the released code they do not (A Bad Thing). These include Proxy, ProxyAsync, PageService and WidgetService.

For example, the line in Default.aspx should read:

<script type="text/javascript"> if (typeof Proxy == "undefined") Proxy = Dropthings.Web.Framework.ProxyAsync;</script>

You'll find other missing namespaces in MyFramework.js for the proxied service classes mentioned above, e.g. the first method should read:

function DeleteWidget(instanceId)
{
   Dropthings.Web.Framework.WidgetService.DeleteWidgetInstance(instanceId);
   var theDiv = document.getElementById("WidgetPanelsLayout_WidgetContainer" + instanceId + "_Widget");
   theDiv.style.display = "none";
}

I'll let you do the rest, it's anything that calls either PageService or WidgetService methods.

Enjoy,

Martyn
Jun 23, 2008 at 3:39 PM
The ProxyAsync error is gone.  Still working through WidgetService issues.

Thanks for your help!     making progress....!

-dave

\
MartynBrearley wrote:
For some reason, some of the classes in App_Code have had namespaces applied (A Good Thing), but where they are used in the rest of the released code they do not (A Bad Thing). These include Proxy, ProxyAsync, PageService and WidgetService.

For example, the line in Default.aspx should read:

<script type="text/javascript"> if (typeof Proxy == "undefined") Proxy = Dropthings.Web.Framework.ProxyAsync;</script>

You'll find other missing namespaces in MyFramework.js for the proxied service classes mentioned above, e.g. the first method should read:

function DeleteWidget(instanceId)
{
   Dropthings.Web.Framework.WidgetService.DeleteWidgetInstance(instanceId);
   var theDiv = document.getElementById("WidgetPanelsLayout_WidgetContainer" + instanceId + "_Widget");
   theDiv.style.display = "none";
}

I'll let you do the rest, it's anything that calls either PageService or WidgetService methods.

Enjoy,

Martyn