Digg Silverlight widget problem

Jan 21, 2009 at 6:30 AM
New widget makes dropthings not responsive. Widget itself is constantly refreshed from white rectangular area to search results for "basketball" as if search button is pressed in succession.
Different kinds of exceptions in various browsers   :

if attempt to close "digg" is made
======================
             public Dropthing.Silverlight.DropthingsWebService.GetWidgetStateResponse EndGetWidgetState(System.IAsyncResult result) {
                object[] _args = new object[0];
                Dropthing.Silverlight.DropthingsWebService.GetWidgetStateResponse _result = ((Dropthing.Silverlight.DropthingsWebService.GetWidgetStateResponse)(base.EndInvoke("GetWidgetState", _args, result)));
                return _result;
            }

{System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: The remote server returned an error: NotFound ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: NotFound ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: NotFound
   at System.Net.BrowserHttpWebRequest.InternalEndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.BrowserHttpWebRequest.<>c__DisplayClass5.<EndGetResponse>b__4(Object sendState)
   at System.Net.AsyncHelper.<>c__DisplayClass2.<BeginOnUI>b__0(Object sendState)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.AsyncHelper.BeginOnUI(SendOrPostCallback beginMethod, Object state)
   at System.Net.BrowserHttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelAsyncRequest.CompleteGetResponse(IAsyncResult result)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.ServiceModel.AsyncResult.End[TAsyncResult](IAsyncResult result)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.SendAsyncResult.End(SendAsyncResult result)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndCall(String action, Object[] outs, IAsyncResult result)
   at System.ServiceModel.ClientBase`1.ChannelBase`1.EndInvoke(String methodName, Object[] args, IAsyncResult result)
   at Dropthing.Silverlight.DropthingsWebService.WidgetServiceSoapClient.WidgetServiceSoapClientChannel.EndGetWidgetState(IAsyncResult result)
   at Dropthing.Silverlight.DropthingsWebService.WidgetServiceSoapClient.Dropthing.Silverlight.DropthingsWebService.WidgetServiceSoap.EndGetWidgetState(IAsyncResult result)
   at Dropthing.Silverlight.DropthingsWebService.WidgetServiceSoapClient.EndGetWidgetState(IAsyncResult result)
   at Dropthing.Silverlight.DropthingsWebService.WidgetServiceSoapClient.OnEndGetWidgetState(IAsyncResult result)
   at System.ServiceModel.ClientBase`1.OnAsyncCallCompleted(IAsyncResult result)}

===================
Immediate failure without user interaction

{"User 522e4dfe-8053-4121-a4ff-a86433c11d8f is not the owner of the widget instance 1740"}  
Jan 22, 2009 at 1:10 AM
Fixed in 24502 , however digg widget is not properly refreshed after drag/drop or resizing losing its content.
Feb 6, 2009 at 3:54 AM
It is refreshed when browser "refresh" button  is pressed. Does that mean it is a limitation  of Silverlight widget ?
Feb 26, 2009 at 11:13 AM
Hello,

in my implementation of silverlight inside dropthings, I found that if you use a silverlight container in the aspx page, widgets become blank when dragged as with this digg widget.

I've found this solution :

Instead of using the silverlight control inside asp.net, I use the literaloutput, in wich I put the html loading page of the silverlight xapfile, and all works well, drag and drop is ok.