Dropthings works in development, fails after deployment.

Oct 31, 2009 at 9:20 PM
Edited Nov 1, 2009 at 8:35 AM

hi there, i have been working with dropthings sourcecode for a personal project and strangely my project works perfectly in development computer (which is my laptop with no-iis installed, only asp.net development server). when i deploy my project to my server, it just shows those errors:

i also want to say that dropthings database is in the server computer and both development and main server uses the same database (connection string contains the server ip). iis server runs the program from port 81 and i changed the web.config file to "http://localhost:81/dropthings/ " for all settings. 

p.s: my server runs a turkish install of xp so errors are in turkish.. even i cant understand the error translations too much :D sorry for that...

System.InvalidOperationException: Sıra hiçbir öğe içermiyor (something like "sequence contains nothing")
   konum: System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   konum: Dropthings.Business.Facade.Facade.<>c__DisplayClass5e.b__5c(UserSetting newSetting) D:\Personal\Projects\BT\Dropthings\trunk\src\Dropthings.Business.Facade\Facade.User.cs içinde: satır 30 (satir = line)
   konum: Dropthings.DataAccess.DropthingsDataContext.<>c__DisplayClass2b`1.b__2a(DropthingsDataContext data) D:\Personal\Projects\BT\Dropthings\trunk\src\DashboardDataAccess\DropthingsDataContext.DatabaseHelper.cs içinde: satır 382
   konum: Dropthings.DataAccess.DropthingsDataContext.InDataContext[T](SubsystemEnum subsystem, Boolean nolock, Func`2 f) D:\Personal\Projects\BT\Dropthings\trunk\src\DashboardDataAccess\DropthingsDataContext.DatabaseHelper.cs içinde: satır 372
   konum: Dropthings.DataAccess.DropthingsDataContext.Insert[TSource](SubsystemEnum subsystem, Action`1 populate) D:\Personal\Projects\BT\Dropthings\trunk\src\DashboardDataAccess\DropthingsDataContext.DatabaseHelper.cs içinde: satır 378
   konum: Dropthings.DataAccess.Repository.UserSettingRepository.Insert(Action`1 populate) D:\Personal\Projects\BT\Dropthings\trunk\src\DashboardDataAccess\Repository\UserSettingRepository.cs içinde: satır 44
   konum: Dropthings.Business.Facade.Facade.GetUserSetting(Guid userGuid) D:\Personal\Projects\BT\Dropthings\trunk\src\Dropthings.Business.Facade\Facade.User.cs içinde: satır 25
   konum: Dropthings.Business.Facade.Facade.FirstVisitHomePage(String userName, String pageTitle, Boolean isAnonymous) D:\Personal\Projects\BT\Dropthings\trunk\src\Dropthings.Business.Facade\Facade.Visit.cs içinde: satır 75
   konum: _Default.<>c__DisplayClass5.b__4()
   konum: _Default.TrapDatabaseException(Action work)

Error occured loading the page. Please ensure you have run the Setup Page

System.NullReferenceException: Nesne başvurusu bir nesnenin örneğine ayarlanmadı. (means: object did not set to an instance)
   konum: _Default.b__0()
   konum: _Default.TrapDatabaseException(Action work)
thanks for any help.