What type of project is the DashboardBusiness? (And other questions about DashboardBusiness)

Feb 16, 2010 at 2:50 PM

I've got three questions about DashboardBusiness.  For what it's worth, I'm using Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 (.NET 4.0)

I bought Omar's book and I downloaded the application version referenced from the book (1.7) - What I'm doing is I'm reading and translating the code in the application to VB.NET (Since I am way more fluent in VB.NET) so I understand all the inner-workings of the code down to the individual lines.  (Omar's book just kinda gives an over-view about what the different projects do.)

I'm at the point where it's getting into the WF-heavy stuff and I'm looking to recreate the project in my solution.  (I've never used WF before so this is all new to me!)  I went to add a new project and I'm given a couple options... and I don't know which one to create to replicate the project:

Under WCF - WCF Service Library, WCF Workflow Service Application or Syndication Service Library (Which I'm sure isn't what I need.)
Under Workflow - Activity Designer Library, Activity Library, Workflow Console Application or WCF Workflow Service Application

Additionally, did the DropThings development team arrange all the activities and workflows in that folder structure

Lastly, when I go to view one of the files in the 'Workflows' directory, I get the following error: Runtime capabilities are not available with this type.  I've tried opening these files in both Visual Studio 2008 Pro (90-day Trial) and Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 but both throw errors.  Oddly enough, the Activities open in design mode in both versions of Visual Studio.  Any ideas on this error?